1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a U.S. resident who is 18 years of age or older and reside in the WDBJ viewing area. Nominees must be individuals or families 18 years or older residing in the WDBJ viewing area. "WDBJ7 reserves the right to restrict the winners to persons whose primary residence is within the 26-county Roanoke-Lynchburg market area as defined by the Nielsen Company. A list of those counties and included independent cities can be found on our website at http://www.wdbj7.com/life/contests/contest-rules/20330524."
Entrants cannot nominate themselves, immediate family members, any person living with entrant, or any organization. Families are defined as one or more parent or legal guardian with one or more child residing in the same household. Nominees must not have received a prize from the Station within the past thirty (30) days.
2. Employees of WDBJ Television, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to WDBJ Television, Inc., Member One Federal Credit Union, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. WDBJ will randomly solicit entrants to make nominations at locations throughout the viewing area.
2. Once entrant selects a nominee, within one hour the nominee must be deemed as qualified to win the cash prize and sign the release form. The entrant is not eligible for any prize.
3. The contest starts on March 17, 2015 and ends December 31, 2015 (the “Contest Period). The entrant must appear on a segment which may air on the Station’s news programs to explain his/her nomination and reasons. The winning nominee must be willing to be featured in the news story which may air on the Station during the Contest Period beginning April 1, 2015.
1. Each winning nominee will receive three hundred dollars ($300) in cash and will be featured during a segment which may air on the Station’s newscast. The value of such on-air appearance cannot be determined. The Station reserves the right to not air any “60 Wishes” news segment.
2. The winners will be notified in person. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to the Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received by the Station on the same day of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. The Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of the Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize during the contest period.
7. WDBJ Television, Inc. and Member One Federal Credit Union are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
8. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that WDBJ Television, Inc. and Member One Federal Credit Union have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. WDBJ Television, Inc. and Member One Federal Credit Union accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
2. The Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
3. By entering this contest, each entrant and nominee waive any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.