UPDATE: Carbon monoxide problem reported at Roanoke condo complex

ROANOKE, Va. (WDBJ7) Roanoke firefighters are working on a carbon monoxide problem at a condo complex.

A Fire-EMS spokesperson said two people were transported to a hospital because of the issue. The incident at Southview Condominiums on Peters Creek Road was reported just before noon.

Workers in one of the buildings were using a gas-powered saw. They had sealed off duct work to keep fumes out of other parts of the building but then started feeling ill themselves. The two workers were taken to a hospital.

Twenty residents of the building were evacuated and evaluated by EMS crews. They did not show any symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure. The building was ventilated and residents were allowed back inside around 1:00 Monday afternoon.