DANVILLE, Va. (WDBJ) The Danville Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 447 Brightwell Dr. Tuesday evening around 9:00 p.m.
When crews arrived they found light smoke coming from the rear of a one story home. They then circled the structure and found a small pile of debris smoldering.
The structure was a small outside storage closet that had caught fire and was extinguished by the home owner before the fire department arrived at the scene.
Crews used a water fire extinguisher to put out the remaining fire and it was determined to be under control by 9:30 p.m.
The house sustained minor fire damage to the exterior.
The cause of the fire was investigated and determined to be discarded cooking materials. No injuries were reported.