Danville porch fire ruled as arson

By  | 

DANVILLE, Va. (WDBJ7) No one was hurt after a porch fire was intentionally set in Danville on Thursday morning.

Crews responded to a fire at a home on the 200 block of First Street at 12:26 a.m. When they arrived, they found a moderate fire on the porch.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire.

The occupant was sleeping when the fire started. He heard something and got up to investigate, so he was able to leave the home and was not hurt.

The porch has damage to the floor, ceiling, and siding of the house.

The fire marshal ruled this fire as an arson.