Electrical shortage sparks fire that displaces 17 in Lynchburg

By  | 

LYNCHBURG, Va. (WDBJ7) An accidental electrical fire has left 17 people without a home in Lynchburg on Monday.

The fire started around midnight at a main floor apartment in a house on the 1800 block of Grace Street. The call came in as an electrical shortage.

All 17 people who were living there, including several small children, are displaced. Captain Jennifer Collins says no one was hurt.

The fire was relatively minor, but smoke caused damage to an exterior wall. People in other apartments in the house are still living there. Electricity has been restored.

The Red Cross is assisting.