UPDATE: Fire started from electrical component in attic of Roanoke County home

By  | 

ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WDBJ7) -- UPDATE:

According to the Roanoke County Fire and Rescue, fire investigators have determined that the house fire on Willow Brand Road was caused from a possible ignition of an electrical component in the attic of the home.

Damages are estimated to cost $30,000.

ORIGINAL STORY:

A Roanoke County family lost their home in a fire Wednesday night.

Officials with Roanoke County Fire & Rescue say they responded to a report of a structure fire in a one-story, single family home in the 8700 block of Willow Branch Road in the Clearbrook area.

First arriving crews say they observed heavy smoke and flames showing from the eaves of the roof. Crews say the fire reportedly started in the attic, but no cause has yet been determined.

The fire was later brought under control in about 45 minutes.

There were no injuries suffered in the fire but a family of three will be displaced and their cat was reported missing. Officials say the family will be staying with nearby relatives and will receive assistance from the Red Cross.