Fire crews investigate electrical fire on Clement Avenue in Danville

By  | 

DANVILLE, Va. (WDBJ7) -- A house is still intact after an extension cord overheated Monday morning.

The Danville Fire Department responded to a house on Clement Avenue at 7:27 a.m., and found that the one-story home had 'moderate' smoke showing.

Crews say an overheated extension cord was under combustibles, which were smoldering.

The fire was extinguished and the smoke was removed from the house. There was no structural damage and the occupants will still be living in the house.

Firefighters did another walk-through of the home and found another extension cord that was potentially overloaded. Two smoke alarms were installed in the house while Danville crews were on the scene.