GLASGOW, Va. (WDBJ7) A home that was under construction in Glasgow is destroyed, following a fire Tuesday.
Firefighters were called to 853 Rockbridge Road around 2:45 Tuesday afternoon, according to Rockbridge County Chief of Fire & Rescue Nathan Ramsey.
Ramsey told WDBJ7 the owners of the home were in the process of renovating the property. He said they suffered an accident while attempting to fill a kerosene heater. The ensuing flames quickly spread through surrounding construction materials, Ramsey said.
No one was injured. Ramsey said it took approximately 30 minutes for firefighters to put out the flames.
Crews from the Glasgow Fire Department, Glasgow Life Saving Crew, Natural Bridge Fire Department. Lexington Fire Department, Buchanan Fire Department, and Rockbridge County Fire & Rescue responded to the fire.