ROANOKE CO., Va. (WDBJ7) Fire and rescue crews responded to the Holiday Inn Tanglewood in Roanoke County Friday night.
Around 9 p.m., crews responded to the Holiday Inn on Starkey Road. There was a report of an air conditioning unit that was smoking and sparking. Crews were able to disconnect the A/C unit and clear the smoke from the hotel.
Carbon monoxide levels were checked. Guests were able to return to their rooms.
A Holiday Inn employee was trated on scene for possible smoke inhalation, but did not go to the hospital. Another person was treated for a hurt ankle.
Crews from the Cave Spring, Back Creek, Clearbrook and Bent Mountain responded.