Fire, rescue crews respond to fire at Roanoke County hotel

By  | 

ROANOKE CO., Va. (WDBJ7) Fire and rescue crews responded to the Holiday Inn Tanglewood in Roanoke County Friday night.

Around 9 p.m., crews responded to the Holiday Inn on Starkey Road. There was a report of an air conditioning unit that was smoking and sparking. Crews were able to disconnect the A/C unit and clear the smoke from the hotel.

Carbon monoxide levels were checked. Guests were able to return to their rooms.

A Holiday Inn employee was trated on scene for possible smoke inhalation, but did not go to the hospital. Another person was treated for a hurt ankle.

Crews from the Cave Spring, Back Creek, Clearbrook and Bent Mountain responded.