CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. (WDBJ7) No one was hurt in a house fire in Christiansburg on Monday morning.
The fire was reported in the 1700 block of Lyons Drive around 5:55 a.m.
One person was inside the home and she was able to get out safely.
The woman told firefighters she was asleep on a couch downstairs when her carbon monoxide detector went off.
When she went upstairs, an exhaust fan in an upstairs bathroom was on fire. She is the only person who lives in the home.
It took firefighters from Christiansburg and Blacksburg about 20 minutes to get the fire under control.
The fire chief believes it could be related to an electrical issue in the home.
The preliminary estimate for damage is $150,000.
The fire damaged vinyl siding to homes on both sides of the house.
The street was blocked for about four hours. It is now open.
Clarification: There was not a helicopter on scene.
Firefighters are battling a significant house fire in Christiansburg Monday morning.
It started at a home on Lions Drive in the Oak Tree area, which is close to Christiansburg High School and Route 460 Business.
Fire crews are on scene.
WDB7 has a crew on the way to find out more information.