House fire in Danville early Sunday morning

Courtesy: MGN Online
Courtesy: MGN Online

DANVILLE, Va. (WDBJ7) A house fire was quickly put out by crews in Danville early Sunday morning.

The Danville Fire Department was called to 30 Oak Ridge Avenue just before 1 a.m. That’s where crews found the occupants of the home outside, who said the fire was in a back room.

That fire was quickly extinguished. However, the room sustained major damage, and the rest of the house sustained moderate smoke damage.

The Battalion Chief, Brian Alderson said the cause of the fire was a shorted-out extension cord.

No injuries were reported.