RADFORD, Va. (WDBJ) Radford University is holding its second annual Radford Gives Back canned food drive Tuesday through Wednesday.
The drive helps replenish the Bobcat Backpacks Program, a local nonprofit organization that provides Radford City children with food to eat on the weekends.
Last year, the campus-wide effort collected 14,000 food items. This year's goal is 17,000 food items, which is enough to feed 110 children on the weekends for three months.
Donations will be accepted at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center Multipurpose Activity Court.
- Tuesday, October 24th; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 25th; 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
SUGGESTED FOOD ITEMS:
- Canned chunky soup
- Canned ravioli
- Canned beans
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruit
- Macaroni and cheese
- Applesauce (individual cups)
- Oatmeal (boxes of individual packets)
- Peanut butter (small jars)