Sweet Potato Dumplings by Pat Myers
-2 packs of crescent rolls
-1 large can of sweet potatoes or yams
-1 cup of water or liquid from potatoes
-1 cup of sugar
-6 tblsp of melted butter
-½ tblsp of cornstartch
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-½ cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan. Separate crescent rolls. Drain potatoes and reserve liquid.
2. If you have 1 cup of liquid from the potatoes use that, if not add enough water to make a cup. To that add sugar, melted butter, cornstarch and vanilla. Set aside.
3. Starting at wide end of crescent roll lay a large piece of potato on the roll, roll it up tucking in as much of the potato as possible. Lay seam side down in pan. Fill all the rolls.
4. Pour the sugar and syrup mixture over the rolls. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and top with the pecans.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until rolls are browned!