DANVILLE, Va. (WDBJ7) Firefighters evacuated three Danville businesses after crews found a medium-sized cloud of propane gas on Tuesday.
The propane leak was reported at 3 p.m., outside at 325 Westover Drive. Crews discovered a 500-gallon propane tank with a leak.
Westover Drive was shut down for a time.
The leak stopped at 3:44 p.m. Battalion Chief Chris Key estimates that around 200 gallons of propane were lost. A ruptured line from the tank to the compressor caused it.
No one was hurt.
Crews did not find gas inside any of those businesses.