Unattended cooking causes fire in Danville

By  | 

DANVILLE, Va. (WDBJ7) Unattended cooking is to blame for a fire that displaced a woman and her daughter in Danville.

The fire started at a home on the 1200 block of Paxton Street around 9 a.m. Thursday.

The fire was located in the cabinets over the stove top. Firefighters got it under control quickly, but there is moderate damage to the kitchen and light smoke damage throughout the house.

No one was hurt.

The woman and her daughter will stay with family until repairs are made.

The Danville Fire Department wants to remind everyone that kitchen fires are the No. 1 cause of house fires in Danville and the United States. Leaving food while cooking for even two minutes can lead to a fire.