(WDBJ7) Flooding has devastated much of West Virginia. Here's how you can help:
-Allstate Insurance Company: Collecting through July 5 at 5 p.m. There is a 24-hour drop off. Trucks will be parked in the front parking lot to the right. Donate diapers, wipes, baby formula, socks, juice boxes, peanut butter and jelly, bread, apples, oranges, heavy duty trash bags, cleaning rags, water, Gatorade, buckets, mops, push brooms, sponges, rubber gloves, bleach shovels, rakes, Bug Spray, tools, building supplies, disposable face/filter masks, lime, shop vacs, trash bags, box vans, work gloves, brooms, hand sanitizer – small size, paper towels, spray cleaners, paper plates, plastic utensils, gift cards, ready to eat foods, cash. Located at 1745 Loch Haven Drive in Roanoke. Contact Melissa Witt at 540-561-3673 or Melissa.Witt@allstate.com with any questions.
- Companion Pet Care in Salem: Collecting through July 15. Donate old leashes, collars, pet beds, food bowls, pet food, etc. Located at 1236 W. Main Street in Salem. Call 540-375-0350 with any questions.
- Greenbrier Nurseries in Roanoke County: Donate water, toiletries, and non-perishable foods, as well as money. The nursery has established an online fundraiser at https://www.gofundme.com/2bkwcduk. The drop-off location is 5881 Starkey Road in Roanoke County. Call 540-989-2122 with any questions.
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences in Roanoke: Collecting through July 8. Donate bleach, bleach wipes, shovels, buckets, mops, trash bags, paper towels, diapers, baby food, baby formula, water, small kitchen appliances, toiletries, batteries and medical supplies including alcohol, hydrogen peroxide and bandages. Drop-off locations are on the third floor of Jefferson College located within Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital at 101 Elm Avenue SE, Roanoke, VA 24013. Contact Dr. Sara Nicely at SLNicely@jchs.edu for more information.
- Lakeside Daycare in Salem: Donations may be dropped off at the daycare office at 447 Dalewood Ave. between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Prime Maintenance, Inc. in Vinton: Donate bleach, water, buckets/mops, rubber gloves, contractor-sized trash bags, toiletries, any and all baby care items, and any food that does not need refrigeration. The drop-off location is 15790 Stewartsville Road. Call 540-691-3090 with any questions. You can drop off items Wednesday and Thursday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., and from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Red Cross Roanoke Chapter: Along with monetary donations and contributions of items like bottled water, food and cleaning supplies, volunteers are badly needed. Click here to donate. Click here for information on how to become a volunteer.
New River Valley
- Bull and Bones Brewhaus and Grill in Blacksburg: Donate money, food, water, toiletries, and clothes of all shapes and sizes. You can donate at the restaurant during normal business hours. There is also a benefit concert Saturday July 2nd from 6 p.m. until midnight at the restaurant, where donations will be collected.
- Days Inn Blacksburg: Now through July 2, donate monetary or gift card donations at the hotel. Guests, Inc. will match any monetary donation up to $7,500. The hotel will also accept bleach, trash bags, tissues, dog leashes, diapers, infant formula, gloves, cookware, camping gear, bedding, batteries, detergent, etc.
- Lifeline Church in Christiansburg: Donate money, food, water, toiletries, and clothes of all shapes and sizes at the church. You can also donate online by following this link and specifying where you'd like your money to go by clicking other and adding "West Virginia Relief Effort." Click here.
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office: Come to the jail entrance to donate supplies. Donations will be accepted Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day. High-demand items include: Men’s clothing, nonperishable food, surgical type masks, gloves, cleaning supplies, pet supplies, boots of any kind, water, wipes, bleach, trash bags, and tarps.
- River Ridge Dermatology and the K.J. Kendall Memorial Foundation in Blacksburg: Donate baby supplies, shovels, rakes, gloves and cleaning equipment. Donations will be accepted Friday, July 1 outside the dermatology building near the hospital in Blacksburg.
- Shady Grove Baptist Church in Thaxton: Donate water, supplies and canned goods on Friday.
- Sweet Briar College in Sweet Briar: Students and faculty of the Honors Summer Research ask donors to drop off contributions at Cochran Library by noon, Tuesday, July 5. Circulation desk hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, but a drop-off area will be available at all hours. Requested items include: non-perishable food, hygiene products, bottled water, cleaning supplies and gift cards. Contact Kimberly Jones for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 434-808-2707.
- Danville YMCA: Donate water and cleaning supplies here until July 15th.
- White Sulphur Springs Civic Center: Volunteers in West Virginia are asking for supplies to be brought to the White Sulphur Springs Civic Center. The civic center is on Tessel Street. They are filling trucks with bottled water, and are also in need of toiletries of any kind, diapers and bleach.
- The Kanawha-Charleston Human Association in West Virginia is in desperate need of dog food. Their shelter is at capacity.
They ask that people order dog food online and have it sent to:
1248 Greenbrier St.
Charleston, West Virginia 25312.
Call 304-342-1576 with any questions.
Do you know of any collection sites that are not listed here? Please email email@example.com with the details and contact information.