WDBJ Television in Roanoke Virginia is looking for a Director/Technical Media Producer.
The #1 station in the Roanoke/Lynchburg market is looking for a technically savvy individual to work in our brand-new, state-of-the-art Multimedia Control Center. The person we hire will direct newscasts in addition to performing duties associated with broadcasting WDBJ7’s television signal. The successful candidate will work directly with the newscast producers and anchors to put together fast-paced live news broadcasts. The individual will be responsible for all technical aspects of the newscast including video, audio, graphics, transitions and camera movements. If you want to work on an incredible team while growing your technical and leadership skills, we want to hear from you. Candidates should email Gena Miller at email@example.com and also apply at https://gray.tv/index.php?page=search-jobs.
Essential Function Include but are not limited to:
• Prepare and direct live and pre-recorded productions for WDBJ and WDBJ.com
• Work with other departments including WDBJ’s newsroom to coordinate and produce top-rated television and digital programs
• Monitor on-air signals for WDBJ and ingest daily programming and commercials
• Operate Viz Opus (including cameras and audio console), Photoshop software, and supporting equipment in WDBJ media control center
• Occasional operation of Edius and Premiere Pro editing software
• Operation of studio teleprompter
• Work closely with other departments to meet daily demands as necessary
• Work with Vizrt automation, master control video switcher and Crispin automation, Adobe Photoshop and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control; including the ability to effectively perform at the following: robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, commercial/promo ingesting, satellite operation, program ingesting/segmenting, and a working knowledge of web production.