Blue Ridge Black Bean Salad - recipe from "Oh My Stars! Recipes that Shine"
Colorful, nutritious, and low in fat... the very foundation of the food pyramid.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- red pepper to taste
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 or 3 (16 oz) cans black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (11 oz) can white shoe peg corn, drained (yellow corn may also be used)
- 1 to 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 each green, red and yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small purple onion, chopped
- A? cup chopped fresh cilantro
For the vinaigrette, combine the lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, cumin and red pepper in a bowl and whisk to mix well. Whisk in salt and black pepper to taste.For the salad, combine the beans, corn, rice, undrained tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, and cilantro in a large bowl and mix well. Add the vinaigrette and toss to mix. Chill, covered, in the refrigerator for up to several days. Serves 10-12.
Oh My Stars! Recipes that Shine from the Junior League of Roanoke Valley, VA, Inc.