Chicken and Biscuit Bake - from News 7 receptionist Doris May
- 4 Boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp each dried thyme and paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 14 1/2 oz. can chicken broth, divided
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 10oz. package frozen peas and carrots
- 1 12oz. package refrigerated biscuits
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch pieces. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, onion, thyme, paprika and pepper.Cook for approximately five minutes until the chicken is brown.
Combine 1/4 cup broth with flour in a small bowl. Stir until smooth and set aside.
Add the remaining broth to the skillet. Gradually add the flour mixture, stirring continually to prevent lumps from forming. Simmer for about five minutes.
Add the peas and carrots. Continue cooking for two minutes. Then transfer the mixture to a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Place the biscuits on top. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the biscuits. Bake for about 25-30 minutes.