Fresh Peaches 4 each
Dessert Wine 2 cups
Water 2 cups
Vanilla Bean 1 each, split, scraped
Sugar 1 cup + 2 tbsp
Fresh Raspberries 2 cups + garnish
Lemon Juice 2 tbsp
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream as needed
Almonds sliced, for garnish as needed
- 1. Cut peaches in half and remove the pit.
- 2. Bring wine, water, vanilla bean and sugar to a simmer and place peach halves into poaching mixture and simmer for 10 minutes
- 3. Remove peach halves from poaching mixture and let cool to room temperature
- 4. Remove skin from peach
- 5. In a blender combine raspberries, sugar and lemon juice and puree thoroughly and then strain seeds through a strainer.
- 6. To plate the finished Peach Melba put a scoop of ice cream in a nice bowl then place two peach halves on top of ice cream and drizzle the raspberry sauce on top. Top with almonds and mint. Serves 4.