September 4, 2008
3-4 cups mashed cooked pumpkin,
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 large mild (sweet) onion, chopped
6 fresh carrots (chopped)
2 stalks of celery
3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
one half teaspoon salt and dash of pepper
1 pint half-and-half
2 teaspoon thyme
4 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Chop the onion and celery using an electric copper or food processor until the pieces are about 1/8 in size.
2. SautA? the onion and celery in butter until tender
3. Add remaining ingredients except half-and-half.
4. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add half-and-half, and heat through.
Serve warm. Makes 6-8 small servings.
Copyright © 2013, WDBJ7-TV