Shrimp Green Apple Salad
Recipe By: Chef Cunninghame West "The Bank Food and Drink" Pearisburg
Mixed greens for four
28-32 large raw peeled and cleaned shrimp
1 granny smith apple
1 large shallot
12 large raspberries
2 tablespoons pickling spice
3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6-8 tablespoons of rice wine or champagne vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
pepper and kosher salt
- Chop shallot into a small mince, add sugar and vinegar, let stand for 15-20 minutes to pickle. Add olive oil to taste.
- Bring water, pickling spice and a little salt to simmer, add shrimp, cook until done, remove from water, set aside to cool.
- Cut apple into match sticks or whatever shape you want.
- Mix salad greens with a little of the dressing, place on plate, mix the shrimp and the apples with a little dressing, cracked black pepper and kosher salt, place on plate.
- Garnish with raspberries
- You can always modify the amount of shallot, vinegar, sugar and olive oil to your tastes. You can also blend the dressing to remove the chunky look.
- Any leftover dressing can stay in refrigerator for 3 or 4 days.
- The Bank is located in Giles County in the Town of Pearisburg. For additional information on The Bank, please visit their website at www.thebankfoodanddrink.com