WDBJ Web Staff
7:43 AM EDT, October 14, 2012
SOBA NOODLE SALAD
Recipe by Mark Bratton, Executive Chef at West End Market at Virginia Tech
Soba noodles, cooked -- 1 lb.
Carrot, match sticks -- 1/2 cup
Red pepper, cut into strips -- 1 cup
Edamame beans -- 4oz.
Green Onion, chopped -- 1/4 cup
Lime juice -- 1 tbsp.
Cilantro, fresh, chopped -- 2 1/2 tsp.
Spicy Sesame Dressing -- 1/2 cup
- Make sure all equipment, utensils, and food are cleaned.
- Combine all the incredients in a mixing bowl and gently toss together until well mixed. Transfer to serving platter. Refrigerate.
SPICY SESAME DRESSING
Soy sauce -- 3 tbsp and 2 tsp
Rice vinegar -- 2 tbsp, 3/4 tsp
Brown sugar, light -- 1 tbsp, 1 3/4 tsp.
Samal Oelek, chili paste -- 2 tbsp
Ginger root, minced -- 2 1/4 tsp.
Garlic, minced -- 3/4 tsp (or 1 clove)
Water -- 3 tbsp
Olive & salad oil blend -- 1/2 cup
Sesame oil -- 1 tbsp
Tahini (sesame paste) -- 2 tbsp
- In a blender or food processor, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, chili paste, ginger, garlic, and water.
- In a separate container, combine the olive oil blend along with the sesame oil and tahini paste.
- With the blender running slowly, drizzle in the oil mixture.
- Transfer to a container with a lid and refrigerate.
Copyright © 2013, WDBJ7-TV