Accidental house fire leaves Roanoke resident without a home

POSTED: 10:11 PM EDT Aug 27, 2013 

An accidental fire in Roanoke Tuesday evening has left one resident without a home.

At 5:45 p.m., Roanoke Fire-EMS responded to a house fire in the 3800 block of Rolling Hill Avenue. The fire was under control in about 15 minutes, according to a news release.

The fire was ruled as accidental and was caused by the improper disposal of flammable material in a trash can.

The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced resident.

Damage estimates are approximately $50,000.