Randy Taylor’s attorney will ask for his client to be granted bond during a hearing next week, WDBJ7 has learned.

Taylor is expected to appear via video conference at 1 p.m. August 22 to ask for bond in Nelson County court. He’s been charged in connection to the disappearance of 17-year-old Alexis Murphy. She has not been seen since August 3.

Meanwhile, FBI agents are not at Taylor’s Nelson County home. There is crime scene tape around his home.

Also new Thursday, WDBJ7's Nadine Maeser has learned that on August 7, Judge Leyburn Mosby signed off on a court order to seal all affidavits and search warrants pertaining to Randy Taylor's case and the address of 10506 Thomas Nelson highway.


August 14, 10:15 p.m.

WDBJ7's Chris Hurst spoke with Charlottesville attorney Mike Hallahan Wednesday night who says Randy Taylor was not the last person to be seen with missing 17-year-old Alexis Murphy; and this all centers allegedly around a marijuana deal.

Hallahan, who represents Taylor, says Murphy met Taylor at the car wash where he worked last month. Murphy noticed Taylor was smoking marijuana and they talked about it.

Then, according to Hallahan, on August 3 Murphy saw Taylor again at the Liberty gas station in Lovingston and they again talked about cannabis.

Taylor asked the teenager if she could find him a dealer. The two went to Taylor's home where a black male in his late 20s sold Taylor some weed, Hallahan says. The man and Murphy left the home and that's the last time Taylor saw the 17-year-old, he says.

The attorney says authorities have known about this man and that he drives a maroon Chevrolet Caprice Classic with after-market 22-inch rims.

He also tells WDBJ7's Chris Hurst he plans to request a bond hearing in Nelson County to force the commonwealth to present its evidence against Taylor.

It's been eleven days since Murphy was last seen.


WDBJ7 has learned more about Randy Taylor's whereabouts the day Alexis Murphy went missing.

Video security cameras caught Taylor at an adult sex shop in Charlottesville called Ultimate Bliss.

According to Ultimate Bliss manager Kevin Bennett, Taylor came into the store on August 3 around 5 pm.

Bennett said Taylor bought two adult DVD's and paid cash for it with a $100 bill.

"I wouldn't consider him a regular, but he has been in our store a couple times," said Bennett.

Bennett also told WDBJ 7 that FBI agents knew exactly what they were looking for when they came into the store. He said investigators knew what Taylor had bought, what time he was there and how he paid for it. Bennett said they handed off their video footage to the FBI.

Murphy, 17, hasn't been seen since August 3. Her car was found August 6 in Charlottesville.

Virginia State Police re-affirmed Wednesday that there is no evidence linking Murphy's disappearance to the murder of Morgan Harrington. CLICK HERE to read CBS affiliate WTVR's story.

Harrington's mother, Gil Harrington, told WDBJ7 last week that an investigator said they didn't believe her daughter's death is linked to Murphy's disappearance. CLICK HERE to read WDBJ7's story about Gil Harrington's interview.

Morgan Harrington went missing from a Charlottesville concert in 2009. Her body was found three months later. She was from Roanoke County and went to Virginia Tech.