The Roanoke River is out of its banks with moderate flooding occurring. Levels exceeded forecasted crests.
Residents living along the Roanoke River and downstream toward Smith Mountain Lake, MUST be alert to changing conditions and move to higher ground, if necessary.
GET THE LATEST RIVER CONDITIONS & FORECAST
* In Roanoke County, Bent Mountain Road is now shutdown from Poage Valley Road to approximately Back Creek Elementary. This is due to heavy flooding on the roadway and several large landslides. It is unknown at this time how long it will be until the roadway is clear.
* In Roanoke County, North Lakes Drive and Cove Road, water in the roadways.
* In Salem, Thompson Memorial Drive, water is being reported in the roadways.
* In Roanoke City, Peters Creek Road is flooded from the Sheetz to Hershberger Road. Police tell WDBJ7 that people are still trying to drive through the water.
They are asking people to find an alternate route.
* Also in Roanoke City, From the intersection of Peter's Creek and Hershberger to the intersection at Melrose Avenue is closed due to high waters.
* The Town of Blacksburg is experiencing minor to moderate flooding as result of recent storms.
* In Botetourt County, Little Catawba Creek Road area is flooded. Drivers are also asked to stay away from Haymaker Town Road.
* And in Craig County, Camp Easter Seals have been evacuated.
REMINDERS FROM WDBJ7:
Residents in low lying areas should pay attention to rising water and use caution.
Do not attempt to drive across pooling or running water.
Residents are urged to stay inside, and avoid unnecessary travel.