Emergency crews responded to a house fire in Danville around 4:36 p.m. Thursday.

The fire took place at a home at the intersection of Stokes Street and Holbrook Avenue.

We're told it was caused by two children who were playing with a lighter in a back bedroom.

Two children were treated on the scene for minor injuries, but did not need to be taken to the hospital.

The injured children were 7-year-old twins. One child had burns to his finger, and his twin sister had burning eyes as a result of the smoke.