Jefferson Street and all buildings have reopened after evacuations took place Tuesday morning due to gas fumes.
According to John Dorazio of Roanoke Gas, gas was shut off while repairs were made.
The leak has now been contained.
In a different incident Tuesday morning, Breckinridge Middle School in Roanoke was evacuated after someone reported smelling gas inside the kitchen.
Officials say the school was evacuated as a precaution.
The fire department gave the all clear and students were allowed to return to their classrooms after about 20 minutes.
A downtown Roanoke building has been evacuated because of gas fumes.
According to Carilion Clinic spokesperson Eric Earnhart, someone working outside of the Jefferson Plaza building hit a line. The fumes traveled inside of the building. Carilion Clinic has offices inside of the building.
Firefighters are on scene keeping people away.
The building is the Jefferson Plaza, which is located at the intersection of Jefferson and Albemarle.
Check back soon for more updates.