DANVILLE, Va. -

Fire officials in Danville say unattended cooking is to blame for a house fire.

Firefighters found a kitchen at a home on Girard Street engulfed in flames.

This happened just after 8:30 Friday night.

Crews had the fire out in about ten minutes, but stayed on the scene for almost two hours.

The home has some damage, and the Red Cross is helping the people who live there.
--------

Here's more information from the Danville Fire Department:

Engines from 3rd Ave.the airport,and the engine and ladder from the Bridge St. station responded with 16 firefighters to a reported structure fire along Girard St.

The Battalion chief arrived first on the scene and initially did not see anything but the first arriving engine investigated and found the kitchen fully involved.

Two attack lines were pulled and the fire was extinguished in about 10 minutes.

The cause of ignition was unattended cooking, and the dwelling sustained moderate damage.  The occupants will be lodged temporarily by The Red Cross.

No injuries were reported and units remained on the scene for an hour and 55 minutes.