UPDATE: Electrical issue sparked Roanoke fire
An electrical issue sparked a fire Monday morning in Roanoke.
The fire caused around $50,000 in damage. Investigators determined that the fire started in the living room.
No one was home when the fire started.
Investigators are trying to figure out what caused a fire at this house in Roanoke.
It started around 1:00 a.m. Monday on Abbott Street near Cove Road.
Firefighters say a neighbor called 911 after seeing flames coming out of the side of the house.
That neighbor says the people who live there are on vacation, and firefighters confirmed no one was inside the burning home.
So far, they don't have an estimate on how much damage the fire caused.
Copyright © 2013, WDBJ7