Two men have been indicted on murder charges in connection to a Danville man's death.

27-year-old Tony Spivey of Danville and 44-year-old Dale Warner of Fieldale were indicted by a grand jury on charges of first-degree murder, statutory burglary, using a firearm in commission of a felony, conspiracy to commit a felony, and abduction.

52-year-old Charles Earles died from a head injury after his Edmunds Street home was broken into Oct. 15.

Spivey and Warner are being held in the Danville City Jail without bond.


A Danville man has been arrested in connection to an armed robbery where a man died from a head injury.

27-year-old Tony Ray Spivey has been charged with burglary and robbery. Charles Earles, 52, died from a head injury that he sustained during the robbery.

The incident happened Oct. 15 in a home at 811 Edmunds Street.


Original story from Oct. 16, 2013

A Danville man is dead as a result of a head injury he received when three robbers forced their way into his home Wednesday night.

Charles Earles, 52, died at 1:17 a.m. Thursday while he was being treated for his injuries at Carilion Memorial Hospital.

According to a news release, Earles and another resident reported that the three robbers entered the home Wednesday night wearing  hoodies. At least one of them displayed a gun, and a wallet was taken during the invasion.

The incident took place on Edmonds Street, approximately 35 minutes after a shooting took place four miles away on Wyndover Drive.

Earles was taken to Danville Regional Hospital for treatment of his injuries. He passed away Thursday while receiving treatment at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, and his body has been sent to the Medical Examiner's Office in Roanoke for autopsy.

The Danville Police Department is working the incident as a homicide.


One person is hurt in Danville after three robbers broke into a home.

It happened on Edmonds Street Wednesday, approximately 35 minutes after a shooting took place four miles away on Wyndover Drive.

The robbers were wearing hoodies and at least one of them had a gun.

They took a wallet from the home and then took off.

The person who got hurt has a head injury, but police haven't said how it happened.