ROANOKE, Va. -

Two people are displaced by a Roanoke house fire.

The fire happened around 6 a.m. Tuesday morning at the corner house of 25th Street and Hanover Avenue.

Investigators determined that fire started due to an overloaded electrical circuit in a bedroom.

Two people were inside the home at the time, and one was taken to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital.

“Me and my wife was in the bed and the smoke detector went off and the dog started barking. I looked at the window; I seen a light behind the shelf," said resident Larry Carey. "I looked back there and the curtain was on fire where the plug was and I told my wife to get out.”   

Crews had to shutdown Hanover Avenue for over an hour.

The Red Cross is providing financial assistance.

-------------------------

Firefighters left the scene around 7:40 a.m.

-------------------------

Roanoke firefighters have been on the scene of a house fire for almost an hour as of 7:25 a.m. Tuesday. A two-story home in the 2500 block of Hanover Avenue is on fire. You may run into traffic congestion in that area because of their efforts. WDBJ7 will continue to update this story.