The Amherst County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a series of stolen motorcycles and ATVs.
It’s not clear if all the thefts are related.
Here is a list from the sheriff’s office of the recent stolen items:
- Sept 21st, a blue Yamaha dirt bike and white Suzuki ATV were taken from Dyestone Ridge Lane, Gladstone.
- Sept 23rd; a green and white KX 125cc dirt bike was taken from Elon Road, Madison Heights.
- Oct 16th, a 2004 Honda red motorcycle was taken from a yard on Old Wright Shop Road, Madison Heights.
- October 19th, a blue Maxxam 150 ZR dune buggy was taken from a yard beside a garage, Viar’s Road, Madison Heights.
- Oct 24th, a brown 2001 GSXR 750 Suzuki motorcycle was taken from a yard on Lynn Street, Madison Heights.
- Oct 27th; a blue 1999 Suzuki VS 800GL motorcycle was taken from a yard on Oak Ridge Drive, Madison Heights.
The Amherst County Sheriff’s Office offers these tips to motorcycle owners:
• Lock your ignition and remove the key. Most bike thefts occur when the ignition is shut off, but not locked.
• Lock the forks or disk brakes with locks that have large, brightly colored tags.
• Purchase a disc lock alarm and use it.
• If traveling with other riders, lock motorcycles together when not in use.
• If riding alone, lock your bike to a secure, stationary object that can’t be easily dismantled, such as a light pole.
• Add an audible alarm to your motorcycle.