Summer grilling while staying safe
The leading cause of fire and injuries from gas grills is leaking fuel lines.
Experts warn to check all lines before starting your grill.
Here's some helpful grilling tips from Hearth, Patio, and Barbeque Association:
- Read the owner's manual.
- Grills are for outside, only.
- Use in well-ventilated area.
- Keep grill stable.
- Follow electric codes.
- Use long-handled utensils.
- Wear safe clothing.
- Keep fire under control.
- Be ready to extinguish flames.
- Consider placing a grill pad or splatter mat beneath your grill.
- Never leave a grill unattended once lit.
- Stay away from hot grill.
- Don’t move a hot grill.
For more helpful information on grilling safety, click here.
Copyright © 2013, WDBJ7