Healthcare.gov gives us 10 ways to get ready for the Health Insurance Marketplace:
Open enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace starts October 1, 2013.
Here’s how you can get ready to enroll starting October 1, 2013.
1. Find The Marketplace in your state and get your options & information.
2. Sign up for email or text updates about the Marketplace and connect on social media.
3. Gather basic information about your household income to see if you qualify for lower costs on Marketplace coverage.
4. Set your budget and estimate your costs and savings in the Marketplace.
5. Make sure you understand how coverage works, including things like premiums, deductibles, out-of-pocket maximums, co payments, and coinsurance.
6. Learn about the different types of health coverage.
7. Explore your current options. You may be able to get coverage that starts before January 1, 2014 through existing programs.
8. Ask your employer if it plans to offer health insurance in 2014. If you don’t have coverage, you may have to pay a fee.
9. Learn how to get help with your Marketplace application. Visit LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov to find help in your area.
10. Get help with a Marketplace question. You can call 1-800-318-2596, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. TTY users should call 1-855-889-4325. Online chat is also available 24/7.
For access to more information and The Marketplace, click here.