Three families are displaced from their home after unattended cooking caused an apartment fire in Danville.

It happened at 2708 West Main Street. 

It took crews almost 2 hours to put out the flames.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation at Danville Regional Medical Center.

Firefighters say the apartment suffered moderate damage overall.

They say the most damage happened in the kitchen.

Everyone who lived there got out safely.

The Red Cross is helping the displaced families with lodging.