WDBJ7 Web Staff
5:38 PM EDT, October 14, 2012
Dozens of people were evacuated from LewisGale Medical Center Sunday afternoon after a fire broke out.
The Salem Fire Department was called to the hospital just after noon Sunday. Crews say they arrived to find smoke on the fourth floor of the hospital. They located the fire in a room there and were able to put it out quickly before it spread.
No one was hurt, but fire officials say 65 patients had to be evacuated from the area as a precaution.
Investigators say the fire started in an electrical panel, and is deemed accidental.
A LewisGale spokesperson said the patients were moved to another part of the building, not out of the facility.
Copyright © 2013, WDBJ7-TV