We now know what caused a house fire in Roanoke Saturday morning.
It started shortly after 7:00 a.m. on 2nd Street.
Fire crews say it was started by a flowerpot on the front porch that was used as an ashtray.
Six people were inside the home when the fire started.
One person had to be taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
WDBJ7 is trying to find out how much a fire may have damaged a house in Roanoke.
Firefighters got the call around 7:15 a.m. Saturday at a building on Second Street near Elm Avenue.
Right now all we know is someone reported smoke coming from the basement.
The people living in the home had to wait outside while firefighters worked.
Dispatchers say no one was hurt.