HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL: In-game updates and scores
To submit in-game scores and updates Tweet @WDBJ7FFE, post on our WDBJ7 Friday Football Extra Facebook page, or email/text firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to see final scores.
- Liberty 22, Brookville 20, start of 4Q: In our Friday Football Extra Game of the Week, there was no score to open the first quarter. Liberty scored twice in the second quarter to go up 15-0. The tides turned in the third quarter. Ben Hogg has a pick and 3 TDs in the 3rd Q to get Brookville within 22-20 heading in to the 4th.
- Galax 48, Eastern Montgomery 7, halftime: Steven Peoples put the Maroon Tide up with 9 minutes left in the first quarter. A Joseph Dixon 4-yard run put the Maroon Tide up by two touchdowns. A 70-yard Dixon TD put the Maroon Tide up by four touchdowns with four minutes left in the first half.
- Rockbridge 28, Turner Ashby 20, early 3Q:
- William Byrd 30, William Byrd 22, 4:16 left in 4Q: The Spartans struck early on a 46-yard pass from Coulling to Parker. A 1-yard TD run with 4:44 left int he first quarter gave the Spartans a 15-point first-quarter cushion. Byrd got on the board on an 11-yard TD run with 9:16 left in the opening half. The Terriers evened the game at 15 apiece on a 7-yard run by Zach Hill, and the ensuing two-point conversion. The Terriers took the lead with 7:37 left in the 3rd Quarter. A Spartans TD pass from Coulling to Fox tied the game at 22 with 4:09 left in the 3rd. A Devanta Payne 2-yard TD gave the Spartans a 29-22 lead with 4:16 left. The Terriers scored with 1:26, and got the two-point conversion.
- Cave Spring 17, Martinsville 0, late 2Q: A 40-yard TD run by Jon Roach put the Knights up by two touchdowns.
- Christiansburg 27, Bassett 7, halftime: A Tanner Reed TD put the Blue Demons up early. A Kory Hendricks TD gave the Blue Demons a 20-7 advantage late in the first half.
- Lake Taylor 34, Amherst 3, 2:58 left in 3Q:
- Patrick Henry 21, Pulaski 14, 3:31 4Q: A Marcus Johnston 1-yard TD run put the Cougars on the board first. Brandon Jones punched in a 2-yard TD with 2:08 left in the opening half. The Patriots evened the game with two second-half TDs. A 53-yard
- Lord Botetourt 32, Glenvar 16, 6 left in 4Q: Lord Botetourt trailed for the first time all season, but a 12-yard TD pass from Nick Webb to Nathan McLellan put the Cavaliers back on top. Webb struck again on a 15-yard run with 1:13 left in the 1st to put the Cavaliers up 16-7. A Highlander FG cut it to 16-10 late. Glenvar tied the game late in the 3Q on a TD pass, but the Cavaliers blocked the extra point. Another Thompson TD gave the Cavaliers a 32-16 lead with 6 minutes left.
- Northside 27, Hidden Valley 17, 3:52 left in 4Q: A 65-yard Viking drive, capped off with a Dunnaville TD, brought the Vikings to within 10-7 at the end of the first half. Dunnaville hit Austin with a 47-yard TD pass to pull the Vikings to with three points with just over five minutes left in the third quarter.
- Magna Vista 13, Franklin County 7, halftime:
- Floyd County 38, Patrick County 0, halftime:
- Alleghany 7, Rustburg 0, 2Q:
- Fort Chiswell 27, Radford 13: 5 minutes left in the first half.
- Narrows 24, Montcalm, WV 6:
- Parry McCluer 27, Page County 0: Halftime.
- Carroll County 13, Blacksburg 10: Halftime.
- GW Danville 21, E.C. Glass 17: 4Q
- Tunstall 10, Dan River 0
Copyright © 2013, WDBJ7