On the same day that they lost two key defensive starters, the Ravens filled one of their free agent priorities by adding some size and experience to the interior of their defensive line.
Former New York Giant and Dallas Cowboy defensive tackle Chris Canty, who spent the day visiting the team's training facility, put out on his Twitter account a picture of him signing a contract with the Ravens. He agreed to a three-year deal worth $8 million that includes $2.8 million in guaranteed money, according to sources.
Canty, 30, is 6-foot-7 and 320 pounds. In eight NFL seasons - four each with the rival Giants and Cowboys - Canty has started 95 games and has 191 tackles and 19 sacks. He had three sacks in nine games for the Giants last season despite being limited by a knee injury.
- Ravens lose free agent Paul Kruger to Cleveland Browns
- More changes could be on the horizon for the Ravens
- Ravens should find a way to keep Ed Reed in Baltimore
- Ravens' 2013 draft picks [Pictures]
- Meet the Ravens' 2013 rookie class
- Ravens draft picks: 2010-present
See more photos »
- Baltimore Ravens
- New York Giants
See more topics »