Human Genome, which employs about 1,000 people in Rockville, could not be reached for comment Wednesday. But it told the state Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation that the layoffs — to start Oct. 30 — were part of an internal restructuring.
- GlaxoSmithKline to acquire Human Genome Sciences
- How much do Baltimore-area workers earn? [Pictures]
- Jobs with six-figure salaries [Pictures]
- Health Professionals on the Move
- Pictures: Jobs in health care
- Most sleep-deprived jobs
See more photos »
- Rockville (Bethlehem, Pennsylvania)
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
See more topics »
14200 Shady Grove Rd, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
GlaxoSmithKline, a London pharmaceutical firm, also could not immediately be reached for comment.