• Avoid saunas, hot tubs, steam baths and exposure to any other sources of excessive heat.
• Stop tobacco use.
• Avoid excessive alcohol use.
• Do not take anabolic steroids or illicit testosterone supplements.
• Eat a heart-healthy diet rich in fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
• Talk to a doctor about vitamin use, specifically a multivitamin, Vitamin C and Coenzyme Q10.
• Exercise regularly, especially cardiovascular workouts.
• Watch your waistline.
• Get sufficient rest.
• Avoid use of sexual lubricants that can affect sperm motility.
Sources: Dr. Robert Brannigan, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, and SpermCheck.
Ways to improve sperm health
Excessive heat may affect fertility. (Paula Bronstein, Getty Images / May 1, 2012)