Gayle Anderson was live in North Hollywood at the "WESTERN COSTUME COMPANY HALLOWEEN STORE."
Western Costume is one of the oldest motion picture businesses in Hollywood, WESTERN COSTUME COMPANY was founded by L.L. Burns in 1912 as a source for costumes and props for the nascent local film industry. WESTERN COSTUME soon grew into an industry staple by costuming virtually every major star of the teens and twenties. WESTERN provided all of the Civil War uniforms seen in D.W. Griffith's "Birth of a Nation" as well as costumes for all of the films produced by Douglas Fairbanks and Charlie Chaplin. Lillian Gish in "Orphans of the Storm," Buster Keaton's "The General," and Valentino's "The Sheik" are but a few examples of the quality and quantity of work done by WESTERN. Also, WESTERN COSTUME is responsible for creating some of the most memorable pieces in Hollywood cinema, such as Judy Garland's ruby-red slippers in "The Wizard of Oz." WESTERN continues to provide the industry with costumes and props for contemporary, historical and fantasy/sci-fi genres.
WESTERN COSTUME is a one-stop shop for designers and costumers, offering the entire spectrum of services that a wardrobe team could possibly need (or want). From the preliminary research to wrapping, WESTERN's research library, purchasing store, supply store, made-to-order workrooms and rental departments are flexible and friendly at competitive prices. Excluding the pieces of unique historical value, thousands of other costumes found in WESTERN's inventory are available for rental. Its rental stock is so immense that designers and costumers can literally dress "casts of thousands" in the costume of any time period. For example, the wardrobe crew of the blockbuster film "Titanic" pulled over 500 men, women and children's costumes from WESTERN's early 1900's collection. When the costumers of "The Road to Perdition" needed over 300 Depression Era Costumes, WESTERN COSTUME provided them directly from its inventory.
For Halloween, WESTERN COSTUME offers thousands of costumes from major motion pictures available to rent for Halloween! Prices range from $45 to $325. Rent early in month for the best selection and keep your costume for the ENTIRE month of October! The Halloween Store is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Halloween (Monday, October 31st) from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, contact The Halloween Store information line at (818) 508-2147.
WESTERN COSTUME COMPANY'S Rental Policies:
* A valid ID is required for ALL rentals.
* WESTERN COSTUME accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
* A security deposit is required on ALL rentals and must be placed on Visa, MasterCard or American Express. No personal checks or cash for security deposits. Security deposit is equal to two times the rental amount. Credit card deposits are not processed, but an authorization on the deposit amount will be required.
* Lost items will be billed up to 10 times the rental amount. Prices may vary.
* All Halloween Store Rentals are due back no later than November 4th.
* After November 7th Late Fees apply at $15 per day, per costume.
* A separate Rental policy applies to private rentals within the costume shop, please see the WESTERN COSTUME COMPANY website for more information.
For more information:
Western Costume Company
11041 Vanowen Street
North Hollywood, CA 91605
(818) 508-2190 FAX