SOUTHFLORIDA.COM We <3 cool things SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The SouthFlorida.com Cool Things Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is a continuous monthly themed sweepstakes, with a new timeline that begins on the first day of each month of 2013 and ends on the last day of each month of 2013 . This Sweepstakes will be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, each entrant agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor.
1) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents residing in the following Florida counties: Broward, Palm Beach or Miami-Dade who are 18 years and older as of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household members (whether or not related)) of Sun-Sentinel Company, LLC, which owns and operates SouthFlorida.com (“Sponsor”) and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion contractors and/or public relations companies associated with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that all eligibility requirements are met as well as proof of ownership of the email address associated with the winning entry. Void where prohibited. This Sweepstakes will be governed and enforced pursuant to Florida law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2) How to Enter: There are two ways to enter. To enter via Instagram, take a photograph (the “Photo”) of that month's "themed" object using the Instagram app. Post the Photo on Instagram and make sure it is publicly viewable. Do not use a private Instagram account. Include the hashtag #CoolThingsSoFla with your Photo. You must be an Instagram account holder. The account is free. When you have completed your Photo, go to http://www.southflorida.com/fl-cool-things-request-020313-20130201,0,1672551.story and accurately complete the entry form, including the URL for your Photo. You must provide all information requested on the registration form, and your contact information must be accurate. To enter via email, send a Photo of coolest heart-shaped things for your home or to wear to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name, date of birth, and home address in your email.
3) Conditions Applicable to All Entries: You must also not use any Photo that includes a recognizable person in the Photo or the trademark of any other entity. Use of such Photos will be cause for disqualification. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the holder of the Instagram account will be deemed the person who submitted the entry. Incomplete entries will be disqualified, and Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, corrupted, misdelivered, or misdirected. All entries must be received by the close of each Sweepstakes Period. The computer clock of Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person; duplicate entries from the same person will be disqualified. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Sponsor not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. The use of automated or third party software or web site to register and/or play is prohibited. All received entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
4) Submitted Materials: By submitting a Photo, entrant represents and warrants that the Photo submitted: is the original creation of the entrant or that entrant has the right to submit the Photo and grant the rights granted herein, contains no defamatory, threatening, obscene, harassing or otherwise unlawful material and does not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party. Entrant further represents and warrants that no laws were broken in the creation of the Photo. If an entrant breaches any of these representations and warranties, or any of the Official Rules, he or she is solely responsible for injury caused by the breach. Violation of any of these representations and warranties will be cause for disqualification. Entrants agree to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys' fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be considered for a prize. The Sponsor makes the final determination as to which entries are eligible to take part in this Sweepstakes and may be considered for a prize. Certain entries may be featured from time to time on the Sweepstakes website during the Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole discretion; being selected as a featured Photo does not guarantee selection as a prize winner in the Sweepstakes. Winner grants to Sponsor an irrevocable, world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual license to use their winning Photos, and any ideas contained therein, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, in any manner related to the Sweepstakes and/or Sponsor, including but not limited to advertising for Sponsor, without prior notice, approval or compensation. Winner otherwise will retain all rights to their Photo, and the Sponsor’s publication of their Photo will not limit their use and ability to further market the Photo. Each entrant agrees that the Sponsor has no obligation to use or continue using such entrant’s Photo.
5) Winner and Notification: On or about the beginning of the month, Sponsor will choose winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Sponsor will make all final decisions in any and all issues related to this Sweepstakes, and its decisions will be binding in all respects. Sponsor will attempt to contact potential winner by email. Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries if: (a) winner does not claim his or her prize within 48 hours of the first notification attempt; (b) winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
6) Prize and Delivery: Target gift card. Approximate retail value: $50.
Winner is solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with winner’s prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prize is not transferable. Only Sponsor may elect, at its discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equal value due to lack of availability for any given reason. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All expenses not specifically provided for herein are the responsibility of the prize winner. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Winners will be required to come to the SouthFlorida.com office, located at 500 E. Broward Blvd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33394 during regular business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on business days) to pick up their prize.
Sponsor not responsible for loss, delay or damage in delivery.