- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped chestnuts, (about 4 ounces; see Tip)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1-2teaspoons (or more, to taste) Paul Prudhomme’s Magic Seasoning Blend’s Six Spice No Salt/No Sugar Blend
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts and cook until bright green and just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain well.
Melt butter with oil and broth in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts, chestnuts and sage and cook, stirring often, until heated through, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with Paul Prudhomme’s Magic Seasoning Blend’s Six Spice No Salt/No Sugar Blend. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yields approximately 12 servings.
Nutrition Information per ½ cup serving:
70 cals – 1 gram sat fat – 10 grams carb – 3 grams fiber – 30 mg sodium – 2 grams protein
Pumpkin Pie with Wheat Germ Crust
Adapted from Kretschmer Wheat Germ recipe
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup Kretschmer Honey Crunch Wheat Germ
½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons very cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
¼ cup canola oil
1 to 3 tablespoons water
2 large eggs