Paula Deen graciously shared her recipe for mouthwatering Shrimp and Grits with Howard and the Test Kitchen at the South Beach Wine & Festival. If you've got a craving for this southern classic, this is the only way to go!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta or ham
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallion
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced green bell pepper
- 20 medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails on
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 servings grits, cooked according to package directions (keep warm)
What To Do:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil; add pancetta and saute until crisp. Add scallion, onion, and green pepper and saute until onion is translucent. Add shrimp and saute 1 to 2 minutes, or until pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with white wine. Slowly add cream and let it reduce until thickened. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Spoon grits into bowls. Add shrimp and veggie mixture, distributing evenly, and top with cream sauce.
Paula Deen suggests serving this dish with one of her flavored finishing butters, available in many markets.