1. TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary. Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut, age 16 or older at the time of entry. To enter, log onto fox61.com or wtxx.com and go to the "Burger King Super-Fantastic XBOX Contest" page and look for the upload form from Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 12:01AM EST through Sunday, June 14, 2009 at 11:59PM EST. Upload a sports video or sports picture and fill out the registration form. Maximum file size of the video cannot exceed 500MB. Acceptable video file formats include (.mov, .mp4, .avi, .mpeg, .wmv, and .mpg). By entering this Contest and submitting a picture or video, entrant agrees and consents on behalf of him/herself and all others appearing in the video, to Sponsors' publication of the photo/video in any media now known or hereafter invented, including on the FOX 61/WTXX website and on the FOX 61 News. By entering this Contest and submitting a video, entrants agree that the Sponsors' may collect entrant data (name, address, e-mail, phone number, etc.). Only one entry per person will be accepted.
SPONSORS DO NOT ENCOURAGE, AND DO NOT SEEK SUBMISSIONS THAT RESULT FROM ANY ACTIVITY THAT MAY CREATE A RISK OF HARM, LOSS ORINJURY OF ANY KIND TO YOU, TO ANY OTHER PERSON.
2. DEADLINE: Entries must be received by Sunday, June 14, 2009 at 11:59PM EST. Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account from which entry was sent shall be deemed the entrant. Except as otherwise required under these rules, E-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties, upload failure, file size upload failure, file format upload failure, or inability to transmit Internet entries.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS:
a) On or about Monday, June 15, 2009, all eligible entries will be judged by a panel of judges comprised of Contest Sponsor representatives based on three criteria: Originality, 50%; Creativity of the picture or video, 25%; and Enthusiasm in the picture or video, 25%. Sponsor's will then invite viewers and website users to visit the Contest Website and vote for their favorite sports picture or video. Voter entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut, age 16 or older at the time of entry. Limit 25 votes per e-mail address. Voting will conclude on Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 11:59PM EST. The Finalist who receives the most votes during the Voting Period will be deemed the potential Winner, subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules. Entrants agree to abide by Sponsors' decisions, which are final in all respects.
b) One (1) Voter will also be selected at random from all eligible voting entries on or about Monday, June 29, 2009. Voter entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut, age 16 or older at the time of casting a vote. Limit 25 votes per e-mail address. The odds of being declared the Voting Winner depend on the number of entries received. Voting Winner will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within five (5) days of the drawing. If a selected Voter is ineligible, if FOX 61 is unable to make contact with a selected Voting Winner after reasonable effort and time (48 hours from time of initial call to Winner), or if a Voting Winner fails to pick up the prize by Friday, July 10, 2009, the prize shall be forfeited.
4. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Winners will receive a) one (1) Xbox 360 Video Game Console and b) one (1) $50.00 BK Crown Card. Total approximate value of the prize is $349.99. Winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, and execute a release of liability prior to receiving their prize. It is expressly understood and agreed that FOX 61 and Burger King shall have the right to substitute the prize at their sole discretion. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by the Sponsors' are final and binding.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident and a resident of Connecticut, age 16 or older at the time of entry. Winner may be required to provide proof of age, identity, and residency. Winners under the age of 18 that cannot provide proof of age must have parent or legal guardian present, and the parent must provide proof of age, identity and residency. Employees and immediate family members of FOX61, WTXX, Tribune Television Company, Burger King, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies are not eligible to win. This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a. By entering, each entrant confirms that he/she is the owner of the copyright in the submitted video. Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, disqualify and decline to publish any video submissions that it reasonably believes are not the entrants' own original creations, have already been published, violate the rights of any other person or entity (including but not limited to copyrights), contain offensive, defamatory, vulgar or profane content/language, or contain fraudulent or false information. [Persons depicted in a video (if any) may be required to execute a Video Release and Waiver of Liability prior to publication; and if an executed release is required by Sponsors, failure to provide same will result in disqualification.] By entering, entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsors', their respective parent companies and affiliates, and each of their respective employees, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, loss, damage, injury, costs or claims related to the publication of submitted video and entry information.
b. By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to Sponsors, Burger King, FOX61, WTXX, Tribune Television Company, and their agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material, including name, state, and city of residence, and all information submitted in his/her entry, for promotional purposes in any media, in connection with the Contest. By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as a Winner, he/she may be required to sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if a Winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver within the stated timeframe of the Contest, or if a selected Winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules. Entrants also agree to participate in reasonable promotional activities as requested by Sponsors, to publicize the Contest. This Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
7. RESPONSIBILITY RELEASE: Sponsors do not encourage, and do not seek submissions that result from any activity that may create a risk of harm, loss or injury of any kind to you or any other person. By entering, each entrant certifies and agrees that he/she has not and will not engage in any hazardous, harmful, damaging or tortuous activities in connection with his/her entry submission.
By entering, you agree to release, waive, and hold harmless Sponsors and their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, prize providers, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, and liability arising from injuries, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney's fees) incurred as a result of the contestants' participation in this Contest and/or their acceptance, use, or misuse of the prizes.
8. INTERNET: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Contest, FOX 61 and Tribune Television Company reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST.
In the event this Contest is cancelled during the Entry Period, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation will be voted on. In the event this Contest is cancelled during the voting for the "Winner", the "Winner" with the most valid, non-suspect votes received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted on the Contest websites.
9. FOR A COPY OF THE RULES: Write to, "Burger King Super-Fantastic XBOX Contest Rules"; FOX 61 WTIC-TV, 20 Church Street, Hartford, CT 06103. For a list of Winners write to, "Burger King Super-Fantastic XBOX Contest Winners"; FOX 61 WTIC-TV, 20 Church Street, Hartford, CT 06103. All requests for rules and Winners' lists must be received by Friday, July 3, 2009.
10. SPONSORS: FOX61 WTIC-TV, 20 Church Street, Hartford, CT 06103 and Burger King Corporation, 5505 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, Florida 33126.