Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 7:29 PM EST on December 9, 2013, expires at: 4:00 PM EST on December 10, 2013
- ...Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 1 am to 4 PM EST Tuesday...
- locations...southeast West Virginia...parts of the mountain Empire and southern alleghanys regions of southwest Virginia.
- Hazard types...snow. Possibly beginning as sleet or freezing rain.
- Accumulations...snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches...along with isolated trace amounts of ice.
- Timing...precipitation will begin late tonight as mainly sleet late tonight and transition to snow Tuesday morning. The snow will end by mid afternoon.
- Impacts...roads and sidewalks may become snow covered and slick.
- Winds...northwest 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
- Temperatures...in the mid 30s. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.