Wind Chill Advisory:
Issued at: 9:26 PM EST on December 12, 2013, expires at: 10:00 AM EST on December 13, 2013
- ...Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect from midnight tonight to 10 am EST Friday...
- wind chill...five to ten degrees below zero.
- Temperatures...ten to fifteen degrees above zero.
- Winds...west 15 to 25 mph with gusts around 30 mph.
- Impacts...the combination of cold air and gusty winds could lead to hypothermia and frostbite. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must venture outdoors...make sure you wear a hat and gloves.