Winter Weather Advisory:
Issued at: 8:12 PM EDT on March 16, 2014, expires at: 2:00 PM EDT on March 17, 2014
- ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 2 PM EDT Monday...
- locations...northwest North Carolina foothills and Piedmont.
- Hazard types...sleet and freezing rain.
- Accumulations...sleet accumulations will be generally less than one inch. Up to a tenth of an inch of ice may accumulate on trees and elevated surfaces.
- Timing...through Monday morning.
- Impacts...bridges and overpasses may become icy.
- Winds...northeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
- Temperatures...in the lower 30s. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.